We strive to respect the privacy of visitors to our site. Te Mahi Ako will not sell or share any personally identifiable information volunteered on this site, or shared with us by form submission, to any third party without your consent.
Your privacy is important to us. For that reason, we stick to a few general principles on this site:
- We don’t ask for personal information unless we need it
- We don’t share personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or official government requests, to develop our services, or to protect our rights
- We don’t store personal information unless we need it to carry out our business
- In our services, we aim to make it simple for you to control your information.
The Act provides protection for individuals information online, and guidance for organisations like Te Mahi Ako on what to do if a privacy breach occurs, including the requirement to report serious privacy breaches to the Privacy Commissioner, and to affected people.
You can find more information about the changes to the Act at Privacy.org.nz.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our associated sites and platforms.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To improve our website:
- we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
To improve customer service:
- your information helps us to more effectively support you and respond to your requests.
To send periodic emails:
- The email address you provide for any order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, or related product or service information.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
What about links to other websites and services?
Our website contains links to other sites which are not administered or governed by us. These are provided for the convenience of our visitors. We're not responsible for the content of these websites. If you choose to click on the link to another website to use its services or resources, Te Mahi Ako is not liable in respect of your use of the linked website.
A cookie is a small piece of text stored on your computer by your browser for a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and usage.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.